I feel all warm, and fuzzy inside (oh my oh my). Maybe it is because I just ate a piece of moldy cheese while making my hubby’s lunch, and didn’t even notice it. I wonder if he will (just kidding), or am I? That would would make anyone crawl with fuzzies.
So here is where I thank Mark Jacobs, ARES . THREE. I find him here; http://ares3blog.wordpress.com in my daily reads. I have admired his writing, as it is first person reserved writing on various topics. He has a collection of jaw dropping photos too. His most recent on “reflecting” is captivating to say the least. His writes lure me in by the title themselves, one my fav’s “Flip Flop Drop Top & Candy Paint”. Really how do you pick a front runner when they are all exceptionally well thought, and written! I also found his presence on First Friday’s a warm contribution to WordPress. He is all about making you feel welcome. You get a sense for his enthusiasm within this writer’s world. There is sincerity in all of his comments. So thank you Mr. Mark Jacobs for this nomination, just a couple days past my first month here too. I will do my best to follow the instructions as in school I was known for going off the beaten path.
Also I would like to make mention of http://okotoenigma.wordpress.com, the creator of this award.
3 things about me Lisa Ralph;
- I am a girl through, and through (hence my name Lisa). Not a tomboy, but definitely not a girly girl. I wanted to take the Automotives Course in college at 40, I was begged out of it. My brother who has been under a few hoods, and engines he could not bare to see his sister with hands aching in the winter months. I find it fascinating though, still wish I had done it. With that comes, I am not one to play dress up in less it is forced. You will find me with my Keen’s in the Summer, and Hiking boots in the winter. Heels are just not my thing. Baseball caps are part of my every day attire (I have every kind you can imagine, sports, superhero, R.E.I).
- I can’t wear socks to bed (it is so wrong). Unless it is frigid cold, and I find myself zipped in a mummy bag thinking my death has come to haunt me
- I am the goofy gal, always making people laugh. Called a ball of goof, sometimes I have to be reminded when something is called for my seriousness.
Now to answer Marks questions of thee;
- What does writing do you for you, as far as your day-to-day mood?
- Do you believe that one does not need to read, in order to write?
- Do you have a personal favourite blog post you have read in the past month?
- My writing is part of me, I have been writing since I was a child. It a great release for me. I come alive inside, as my fingers tap away. My mind aroused with words, thoughts, metaphors, and the like. My mind is never suppressed. I have found healing as a recovering alcoholic to write raw, and with sincerty. For in my drunk state I missed that mark hourly. I hold back nothing! For I write for me the person who was, and is no longer. There are days after a write, like yesterdays write of my long walk out of jail I cried. It emptied me, it took me back to that day. So raw! So then I find myself needing to write something uplifting, or light. For years my writing was set aside as I lived through someone else’s piped dreams. So I write for me, if it receives not a single like but is the essence of me I have accomplished something unmeasruable. Finding Lisa…
- I find inspiration in what others write. I do feel reading, and writing are like mac and cheese. You can’t have one without the other. There is an art in the language of other authors. They usually have a distinguishing style. I find my vocabulary improves, and my mind opens up with each book. We always have room for reprove. I was just made aware even after having aced a College class on just grammar itself I was using () wrong. Had I not been reading I would have not been made aware to correct this. I find a pleasure in that of a good read, and it makes my mind crazy with anticipation for my next write.
- My favorite write was Twas’ the night before our Christmas; in January. It shows the flip side of sobriety at its best. My son was the heart of that write. Eli brings the proof of healing after recovery. He makes me feel normal, and helps me to go back into my memory bank. I was a darn good mom, I just fell at was the end of my marriage. I was devout, and my kids were my life. He makes my heart flutter, with an unconditional love that is so rare these days! Sobriety rocks!! On the rocks, sucks!! Sober is sexy, beautiful, and fulfilling in every way! Eli has given me new strength, and hope. An honorable mention that if not for my loving Savior I would not be here to write. He picked me up, wiped me off, and gently molded me back into shape. His grace is what I am today!! If when you see me you don’t see him then I am doing something wrong. He allowed me a new love, and to remarry despite my flawed past. For my dear husband sees me as I am now, we have a marriage built on God’s love. He is one the most selfless men I have ever met. He is my knight in shining armor. On a side note; I love pictures. All I have of my kids is what I had in my photo library via FB. I have asked for a thumb drive with all our family photos. I have let that go (not gonna happen). So now I snap away like a crazed lady who has never been out to play. So with that said runner up for my fav blog post; Me, and my boot what a hoot! Pictures are memory holders, and dear to my heart. Never take you life for granted for we know not what tomorrow brings.
P.S. Mark Jacobs this caused my brain to hurt, literally hurt!!
MY QUESTION TO THE NOMINEES ARE:
- Why WordPress why are you here? A million blogging websites why this one?
- What is another hobby you have outside of writing?
- What would you tell your younger self in benefit of you today?
- Do you takes lots of notes or just write on the fly?
- Who has inspired you most in your writes, outside yourself? Ie; other author, teacher, mentor.
My nominees are;
HERE ARE THE RULES FOR THIS AWARD:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions
Share a link to your best/favorite post that you’ve written.